Leadership is the core to getting the very best out of your team. “If there is no one on the helm then the ship is bound to flounder”. As a business owner, team leader or manager in business the responsibility to lead is often lost by not understanding the importance of this range of skills. Effective leadership is the key to getting the best from people, particularly in a period of crisis where circumstances outside our control require a flexible response.
- What is effective leadership?
- Identifying the Skills, knowledge and attitudes required for your job
- Exploring leadership styles
- What makes us a leader – or a manager
- Team roles – individual differences
- Situation leadership styles
- How motivation works and how to influence it
- Modelling of behaviour
- The importance of feedback
- Leading and rewarding staff
- Removing barriers to performance through coaching
- Questioning & Listening – the linking communication skills
- Coaching staff & Delegating
- Surviving or thriving while working from home
1. Coach and advise core leadership skills that encourage creativity and flexibility
2. Coach key skills and behaviour's for building high performing teams that can respond appropriately during a crisis
3. Advise how to use leadership styles to build productivity within teams at the workplace and while working remotely.
Following completion team leaders will be able to successfully support their teams and develop them further into high-performing units.
CPD - 5 hours
Michael Idour, Otago Chamber of Commerce
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Approved businesses could receive a voucher for up to 50% of the course investment fee.
For more information on the Management Capability Development fund voucher programme or to find your local Regional Business Partner please visit the RBP website
and register today. The course is also registered as COVID-19 support for in house training.
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page
For a full refund to be given, cancellation
must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org