This is a two part session, Part 2 - Wednesday, 01 July 2020 - 10am-12 noon.
Register for the first session and we will register you for the second part the following Wednesday. You will receive a link to the session by email.
Limited to 15 participants.
Focus on your professional development and how Emotional Intelligence (E.Q.) can assist.
For many of us our careers have stalled or hit a brick wall. Right now the focus is on maintaining our jobs or getting a new one. We are needing to be creative in forging our future paths and it is tough. Career planning seems a distant dream.
But a great career doesn’t just happen by itself it takes time, effort and most importantly, planning, to get right. This on-line interactive Not for Profit workshop will be extremely useful in helping to clarify your career goals and sharpen your focus especially around the development you can do today in preparation for tomorrow. The workshop also looks at how to prepare for applying for a new role either now or in the future and helps you understand your strengths, passions and values when making choices.
Designed for the those needing to apply now for new roles, or those that know that they will need to sometime soon. It is also useful for those wanting to have a longer-term career plan. and for people leaders who are needing to help others through this tricky pathway.
Knowledge of how to use Zoom is helpful, but not critical – the facilitator will ensure you feel comfortable and build your confidence in using the free platform.
This Zoom workshop is spread over two, 2-hour sessions – attendance at both is needed.
- Wednesday, 24th June & 1st July 2020
- 10am – 12 noon
Over the 2 workshops you will:
- Explore your own personal values and use them to make career decisions
- Using a ‘whole life’ approach consider those domains in your life that need action and develop specific and pragmatic action plans
- Examine your professional strengths and passions and use this knowledge to direct your career
- Blueprint a ‘life and career plan’
- Look at how to write a CV and covering letter
- Develop a Professional (and Career Pathway) Development Plan using the 70:20:10 approach
1. What are your personal values?
2. How would you describe your professional strengths and passions?
3. How effective is your existing CV?
4. Do you have an example of a covering letter you have sent?
Linzi Ebbage-Thomas, Career Steps
During the last nineteen years in New Zealand she has successfully created and operated her own hospitality businesses, consulted for Sheffield Ltd and the Mental Health Foundation, is currently an Owner/Director for PURE NZ Ice Cream and also operates her own Coaching and Consulting business across New Zealand. She is putting into practice what she preaches! Through her experience, Linzi brings sound advice on how to make a difference to an individual, team and organisation, delivering in a fresh and pragmatic style to individuals and groups.
The course costs are inclusive of Part 1 and Part 2
- Not For Profit Organisations $50 incl. GST
- Commercial Rate $395 incl. GST
Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit subsidised workshops.
Organisations outside of the Not for Profit sector are welcome to attend this workshop at the commercial rate of $395 (incl. GST) per person for both sessions.
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email email@example.com