Mental Health First Aid Tool Box (Not For Profit Training)
Thursday 18 June, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Venue: Training Room, Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place, Dunedin
A Wellbeing/ Mental Health First Aid workshop provides people with the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to those experiencing mental distress. A one-day course would typically include:
- Stigma and discrimination
- ALGEE philosophy
- Depression -
- Sleep hygiene -
- Suicide ideation and self-harm and how to respond
- Alcohol and other drugs relationship to mental wellbeing
- Mindfulness and sensory modulation
- Responding to panic attacks
- How to use active listening
- Supporting a distressed person and when to seek help
- Local support services and emergency contacts
- General well being at work and in the home.
- TASK provide a resource pack and a wellness tool box for each participant.
- Involves videos, group work, discussions and quiz.
Matthew Peppercorn is a mental health nurse of 25 years, a parent, musician, gardener and survivor of depression and anxiety. He uses humour, films, group work, board work and pictures with proven facts to promote the well being of people at home and in the work place. Often using real examples from life, students can pick up quickly core information and apply it to themselves and those around them. Over 2000 people all over NZ have attended sessions in the last 18 months. Under the TASK umbrella he works at a grass roots level with both local community, government agencies, corporate businesses, schools, universities and polytechnics.
Registered Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit subsidised workshops. Please provide us with the name of the Not for Profit organisation or club when you register.
- Not For Profit Organisations $50 incl. GST
- Commercial Rate $395 incl. GST
Any other organisations can attend the training but will be required to pay the full commercial rate of $395 incl. GST.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org