A Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees.
Part 2 on Wednesday 17 June from 10 am to 12 noon.
Limited to 15 participants.
Many people are put off having difficult conversations and often avoid them, but people leaders today more than ever must be skilled at courageous conversations. These two on-line interactive not for profit workshops look at building the skills of being effective in having those tough conversations with competence and confidence.
Designed for the people leaders and those business owners facing issues such as poor performance, challenging behaviours, wellbeing concerns with team members, tough employment decisions.
Knowledge of how to use Zoom is helpful, but not critical – the facilitator will ensure you feel comfortable and build your confidence in using the free platform.
This Zoom workshop is spread over two 2 hour sessions – attendance at both is needed. Registration and the fee charged will cover both sessions of this workshop for commercial rate.
- 10 & 17 June
- 10 am – 12 noon.
Over the 2 workshops you will
- Understand the opportunities for courageous conversations
- Identify the key skills required to be successful in courageous conversations
- Develop the confidence in thoroughly preparing for a courageous conversation
- Identify what can get in your way and how you will get around the obstacles
- To understand the common mistakes when having courageous conversations
- Confidence to articulate well-structured questions
- A deeper understanding of non-verbal communication and how to use it to enhance your courageous conversations
- The ability to use the DESC model for assertive language when addressing more challenging courageous conversations
- The ability to ask yourself reflective questions to deepen your learning
- Consider the courageous conversations you are needing to have and come ready to share (with confidentiality considered) your issue
- Think about any specific questions that you may have around courageous conversations
- Read the on-line workshop guidelines provided by the Chamber
Executive Coach and Organisational Development Consultant
During the last nineteen years in New Zealand she has successfully created and operated her own hospitality businesses, consulted for Sheffield Ltd and the Mental Health Foundation, is currently an Owner/Director for PURE NZ Ice Cream and also operates her own Coaching and Consulting business across New Zealand. She is putting into practice what she preaches! Through her experience, Linzi brings sound advice on how to make a difference to an individual, team and organisation, delivering in a fresh and pragmatic style to individuals and groups.
This two-part not for profit workshop series is held over two days. Attendance at both sessions is recommended to gain the full benefit of the training.
Session Two will be held on Wednesday 17 June 2020 - please register separately for each session (click here for Session 2
The course costs are inclusive of Part 1 and Part 2
Registered Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit subsidised workshops. Please provide us with the name of the Not for Profit organisation or club when you register.
- Not For Profit Organisations $50 incl. GST
- Commercial Rate $420 incl. GST
Any other organisations can attend the training but will be required to pay the full commercial rate of $420 incl. GST.
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 742 1925 or 03 479 0181 or email email@example.com