Special General Meeting (SGM)
Wednesday 30 September, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Venue: Training Room, Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place, Dunedin
The President of The Otago Chamber of Commerce Incorporated (OCC) gives you notice pursuant to Rule 32(b)(i) of the Constitution and Rules of the OCC dated 26 May 2005 that a special meeting will be held at the office of the OCC at Level 3 Public Trust Building 442 Moray Place Dunedin on 30th September 2020 at 3pm.
The business of the meeting will be to consider the following items:
1. The approval of The Otago Chamber of Commerce Incorporated (OCC) being a founding member of a new Incorporated Society to be known as Business South Incorporated (Business South);
2. The approval of OCC entering into such arrangements as the Board determines appropriate with Business South so as to, over a reasonable period of time, transfer all the assets and operations of OCC to Business South;
3. The approval of OCC putting forward six initial Board members for Business South on incorporation;
4. The approval of OCC making such steps as the Board determines appropriate and necessary to ensure that a transfer of all the assets and operations of OCC to Business South; and
5. The approval of OCC winding up all its affairs and the entity in a manner as determined by the Board at such time as in the Board’s view the entity is no longer active other than as a member of Business South.
As per rule 32(b)(i) of the OCC’s Constitution and Rules, dated 26 May 2005, the President may at such time as they determine convene a Special Meeting of its members. Procedures for matters to do with presiding, quorum and voting at this meeting shall be the same as those followed at annual general meetings.