Being Well: Enhancing Workplace Wellbeing
Tuesday 16 March, 9:00am - 12:30pm
Venue: Training Room, Otago Chamber of Commerce, Level 3, 442 Moray Place, Dunedin
Option to attend in person or via Zoom (a link will be sent to registered attendees).
“BEING WELL” - ENHANCING YOUR WORKPLACE WELLBEING
This workshop explores our understanding of wellbeing in the workplace and the importance of creating a work environment to promote our wellbeing and mental health. It explores the initial steps we can take toward creating workplace wellbeing, utilizing the Mental Health Foundation’s “Five Ways to Wellbeing”, and how to respond to any mental health concerns we may encounter within the workplace.
Presenter: Trudy Schievink, Workplace Support Southern
Post Grad Cert Health Science (Addiction), Dip. Coun, Dip. NZCRS
- The components of wellbeing, introducing the Te Whare Tapa Wha model of health and wellbeing
- What is a “well” workplace and the benefits of creating a healthy workplace
- Who is responsible for workplace wellness, looking at how our attitudes and behaviours can affect workplace wellness
- The “work-life” balance concept
- Strategies and resources to promote wellbeing in the workplace, introducing the Mental Health Foundation’s 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Opening up about mental health – what is it, how we recognise change, talking about it, giving and receiving support
Trudy is the Training & Development Manager for Workplace Support Southern, as well as running a part-time Professional and Clinical Supervision practice. She is an accredited DAPAANZ Clinical Supervisor and has many years of experience in counselling and supervision, training and development with a variety of clients throughout New Zealand, along with alcohol and other drug policy advisor experience.
Trudy has a passion for enhancing wellbeing, especially within the workplace and sees employee wellbeing as key to successful and innovative organisations.
Payments can be made online to Westpac #03 0905 0970271 00 | Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted on our secure website payment page.
For a full refund to be given, cancellation must be received no less than 48 hours prior to the workshop date.
For details and other training options, call the training team on 03 479 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org